I was offered a free subscription for Flocabulary. My students LOVE it! It is a site that I will continue to use in my classroom for many years to come. It is well worth the cost of the subscription, in my opinion.
The best part? How excited my students are when we log in.
What is Flocabulary?
- Flocabulary is a web-based learning program for all grades and subjects that uses educational hip-hop music to engage students and increase achievement.
- Teachers in more than 60,000 schools have used Flocabulary’s standards-based videos, instructional activities and formative assessments to develop core literacy skills and supplement instruction across the curriculum.
- Flocabulary offers more than 750 instructional units to support instruction in math, science, social studies, ELA, vocabulary, current events and life skills, with new content every week.
- We offer a deep instructional sequence that teaches standards-aligned skills and content while helping students develop literacy skills across the academic curriculum. We support teachers in all content areas teach and assess reading and writing skills through the recently-released instructional tools we offer like Read & Respond and Lyric Lab.
- Engagement has long been the “bread and butter” of Flocabulary—our roots are in catchy and accurate educational hip-hop videos. Flocabulary’s videos create authentic engagement, our complementary instructional tools provide new opportunities for learning, and our rhyme writing tool, Lyric Lab, empowers students to get the creative juices flowing with their own educational raps.
One of our favorites is the Food Chain song. I cannot even count how many times we have played it, but my whole class pretty much knows it by heart, AND they refer back to the lyrics in science class. not only does the site have these great videos and songs, it has great worksheets to go with them!
Flocabulary is giving away three subscriptions for each blogger! You can enter this giveaway by clicking here! Hurry...you must enter by October 16th at 11:59pm ET. Winners will be drawn October 18th! Good luck!