Friday, August 1, 2014

Boogie Boards...Are Not What You Think!

I was recently at the local teacher store in my area stocking up on name tags, borders, and stickers.  I happened upon the coolest item I have seen in a long time there!  It is a Boogie Board!

I did not buy one at the teacher store since they wanted $35 for one, but I checked for them on Amazon and they are selling for $21-25 each depending on the color choice!  I ordered six of them, one for each table in my classroom.  I cannot wait to see the different ways my students will use them!  You write on them just like paper, but with a stylus.  When you want to erase, you just press the button on the top and "poof", you have a blank slate once again.  The LCD battery is supposed to last 50,000 hours or more!


I am thinking the students may really like designing for our engineering challenges on these!  Once school starts in a few weeks, I will post more pictures and ideas!  I can't wait to play with these!  Click on the link to order them on Amazon!

Enter below to win your very own Boogie Board!




a Rafflecopter giveaway

14 comments :

  1. Those look really cool, and less messy than white boards. Is there capability of using multiple colors in drawings? It didn't look like it. I could see using them in science to diagram circuits or phases of the moon, in math to model their thinking during problem solving, in social studies to demonstrate cause/effect...endless possibilities!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan on using boogie boards for my guided reading plus groups for frequent writing work. We currently use white boards, which gets very messy at times. I think boogie boards are just the things to chance it up a little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! This is exactly what I need for my enrichment classes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was introduced to the Boogie Boards at an online STEAM conference. Love them! I would use them one on each table too so that the teams could come up with an answer and write it on the Boogie Board to share with the class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would use it for math... The kiddos would want to show their work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are very cool! I would use boogie boards for brainstorming sessions, group problem solving and as a way for students to show what they know and if they are ready to move on to another concept.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would use them in our STEM room as another way to engage!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to test these out in my STEM classroom for brainstorming ideas, answering questions, and sketching project plans.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an engaging alternative to white boards! Sketching designs, listing supplies needed and keeping track of budgets for projects are other ways I can imagine them being used by my students.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to use these for sketching designs and brainstorming....these are way too cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look really cool. I can see them having multiple uses in the classroom. We do small group all day and it would be so great to have them. Spelling, reading, math, stem challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing! Going to check these out tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just curious, how did your Boogie Boards hold up? Did the battery life last?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Still working, 2 years later with no battery change!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover