28 May 2016

Make Your Own Alien Project

I am always looking for ways to get my students to write within the content areas.  We decided to make our own aliens during our study of the solar system.  Students had to sew (yes, I said sew) their own alien creation.  We made these during our weeks of testing and they were a welcome relief after 2 hours of tests each day.  I brought in an assortment of felt and craft supplies for this project and then just let the kids have at it!


Here are just a few of our creations.  I am so impressed by their creativity!  Once the aliens were created, students made poster reports about their alien.  




In our building. STEM has been moving towards STEAM for about a year now.  The A in STEAM is for Art and our kids love any opportunity to be creative and artistic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About The Blog Author!

Hi there!  I am a 4th and 5th grade teacher with 25 years of experience in urban public schools.  I have taught in five different buildings ...

Powered by Blogger.

Grab my button!

Popular Posts

Los Angeles

Los Angeles

Total Pageviews