12 September 2021

September 16th is Play Doh Day!

Did you know there is a holiday to celebrate Play Doh?  It is one of those supplies that kids absolutely love, EVERY time you get it out!  

Celebrate play dough all month with some fun activities!

1.  Make your own play dough!  There are SO many recipes out there, even edible ones!  The one with marshmallows may be one of my favorites!  Click here to go to the blog with the recipe and directions.

2. Build structures with play dough and spaghetti!  Balls of play dough at the corners work best to create these fun structures!

3. Write your name in play dough!  It is tougher than it looks, and a lot of fun.  For an extra challenge, write it in cursive!

4. Make a monster with play dough and some art supplies!  These are so funny!  Kids can write about their monsters, too!

I have a Play Dough STEM pack in my tpt store with some other fun things to do with play dough.  Click here to check it out!


I also have a STEM Fast Finishers pack that goes with play dough!  I put the cards in a pocket chart for the whole month!  The kids love working through the cards!


No matter what you decide to do, it is always a good idea to give students a chance to PLAY!  Any type of play dough will work!

Celebrate this holiday in your classroom!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

About The Blog Author!

Hi there!  I am a 4th and 5th grade teacher with 25 years of experience in urban public schools.  I have taught in five different buildings ...

Powered by Blogger.

Grab my button!

Popular Posts

Los Angeles

Los Angeles

Total Pageviews