26 February 2015

STEM Break with Pipe Cleaners

My favorite thing about STEM Breaks is that teachers have the freedom to do them at any time and it gives them the chance to see how to use cheap, easy to find materials in STEM ways!

As I have mentioned before, I love the Dollar Tree!  I found packs of pipe cleaners there for $1 each. For this STEM Break, each teacher got one pack of pipe cleaners.  Super easy!  We have been on our millionth (that may be a bit of an exaggeration) day of indoor recess and these STEM Breaks are an engaging way to spend that indoor recess time!

All of my STEM Breaks can be extended with additional materials. They are designed to be a starting point!

Click here for the google doc of this STEM Break sheet!


These pipe cleaner towers look great displayed outside the classrooms!  We have a display case in the front hallway of our building and we put them there for everyone to enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About The Blog Author!

Hi there!  I am a 4th and 5th grade teacher with 25 years of experience in urban public schools.  I have taught in five different buildings ...

Powered by Blogger.

Grab my button!

Popular Posts

Los Angeles

Los Angeles

Total Pageviews