Thursday, July 11, 2013

STEM Engineering Kit Set-Up

I am really trying to be organized this year!  As the STEM Coordinator for my building, the biggest thing teachers say they need to be successful are STEM resources.  I am working on creating kits for each of my STEM Engineering Challenges for the teachers to use throughout the school year.  I am using really sturdy cardboard boxes from Staples as well as plastic tubs (depending on the amount and size of the materials needed for each challenge).

Here is an example of a STEM Engineering Challenge Kit.  I used the title slide (laminated) as the label since it has the question on it.


I tried to put each individual item into a ziploc bag in order to keep the kit more organized.  I am going to ask teachers to place a post-it on the outside of the box if there are supplies that are needed (mainly the disposable items).


I used pocket envelope folders from Staples for the lab sheets.  I copied the lab sheets onto white cardstock paper, so hopefully they are more durable!  I glued this page onto the front of the folder and placed the rest of the lab sheets inside the folder.



I really hope the kits will be used this year in a lot of classrooms!  We will be doing some of the challenges during the first 10-15 minutes of our monthly staff meetings, which I hope will get teachers excited about trying the activities with their students!


This picture is of another engineering challenge that fit into a plastic tub.  The envelope folder is inside the tub!

Hope this helps you stay organized!  I will be having a GIVEAWAY for one of these Engineering Challenge kits during the month of August!  Stay tuned!

2 comments :

  1. I am really loving your STEM kits. I can't wait to do this with my class this year. I look forward to reading more posts about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're looking this borders for you to surpass your speed and agility, sport glasses may very well be what you are looking with regard to.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover