29 June 2019

Create a Bug Zoo! - Writing and STEM

Whenever I can add a creative element to our writing, I do!  It gets the kids more excited about writing and they seeem to write better every time!  For this writing assignment we start by reading the picture book, Bug Zoo by Andy Harkness.  The book is about a kid who catches and keeps bugs for his own Bug Zoo until he realizes he should set them all free.  For the writing assignment, each student chooses an insect and does research in order to write a report.  They then get a plastic box container and they create a habitat using plastic flowers, grass, etc. and a model magic model of the insect.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About The Blog Author!

Hi there!  I am a 4th and 5th grade teacher with 25 years of experience in urban public schools.  I have taught in five different buildings ...

Powered by Blogger.

Grab my button!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Los Angeles

Los Angeles

Total Pageviews