27 June 2019

Charlotte's Web STEM Challenges

My kids love it when we connect STEM to our other subjects!  It brings additional hands-on learning to these subjects as well as chances for the kids to work individually and together.  My kids LOVE reading Charlotte's Web by E.B. White each year.  With this book, we do quite a few STEM challenges.

We built spider webs (which was a lot tougher than it looked).  I got the spiders from the Halloween store.  They stick perfectly to the yarn web!


We also kept our own small pigs during the book.  The kids had to build a pig pen.  They absolutely loved taking care of their little pigs.  I found the pigs on Amazon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About The Blog Author!

Hi there!  I am a 4th and 5th grade teacher with 25 years of experience in urban public schools.  I have taught in five different buildings ...

Powered by Blogger.

Grab my button!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Los Angeles

Los Angeles

Total Pageviews